Music by The Refusers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ho Yannah - An Ancient Cherokee Prayer

Source of the prayer.


Ho yannah to thee, oh Almighty One!

Hear my prayer of him who is of the Acorn Clan!

I have purified my feet from the dust of the Earth on which I am a dweller until they are white enough to bear me to the high places, even above the tree tops where I may commune with Thee undisturbed by anyone who can interupt my attention.

For there, minds encounter no obstruction from the things of the world, but can look straight at Thee and See Thee clearly.

Shake not from Thee our minds, oh Almighty One!  Ours of the Seven Clans of the Red Clay.

Thou hast already driven off from him who now supplicates before Thy throne the power of the evil bewilderer of slumbering hearts and in so doing for mine Thou hast shown love.

Continue that guardian love, oh Almighty One and suffer not my heart to fall away from its devotedness to Thee!