Music by The Refusers

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Nahko & Medicine For The People & Mihali Savoulidis - "Wash It Away"





Published on May 18, 2016

Nahko & Medicine For The People "Wash It Away" with Mihali Savoulidis of Twiddle.
Live at Higher Ground
Burlington, VT
5.12.16

Additional footage by Bob Wagner

www.goodwolfproductions.com

Follow us on Facebook + Instagram: @goodwolfsessions

Lyrics:

We are part of something special
we are part of something special we're a part of something special It's a crack in time a wrinkle Fallen from the nest, young eagle I will pull my feathers out stay humble stay humble stay humble stay humble stay humble Uncle Mana taught us like an elder took asunder older brother he said this is powerful country this is powerful country we felt like we were returning to our land rebels and the shepherds in the sea takers are taking what the leavers will leave so grieve me the black prince cicada such a loud voice for a tiny creature teach me to let go of all of my pain I do forgive, I don't forget these things I do forgive, I don't forget these things We burn the bluegum for a safe passageway drink of the earth smoke of the dirt and my warpaint was red ochre clay Hoka hey Red ochre clay Hoka hey Red ochre clay Our prayers igniting, cast out into the shire and the song of our struggle came straight from the fire, it goes: holy holy grandmother, we sing wash us clean of our pain and suffering give us strength for our new beginnings From my deepest grace I sing wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up in my dreams a whirling aboriginal man gave me your hat and your past in one hand he said, you've come to be with rainbow serpent red hands red land red worship red hands red land red worship just then I heard bush mama crying in the chasms for the stolen generation and the children who haven't come home come home stay home come home come home stay home my bullets are my words and my words are my weapons so chain me to the pipeline for our rivers and mountains we sing today's a good day for my ego to die today's a good day for my ego to die spirit live on in my heart, in my body, my mind then sister crow came with the murder that day so he tattoed the bird nation onto our faces she said we sing to let go of all of our pain we dance the story to remember when things changed remember when things changed remember when things changed holy holy grandmother, we sing wash us clean of our pain and suffering give us strength for our new beginnings From my deepest grace I sing wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up ooh lift ‘em up We danced the ghost dance in two separate countries To this old song so familiar to memory the road will teach you how to love and let go it can be lonely but it's the only thing that we've ever known it can be lonely but it's the only thing that we've ever known Our mommas told us let go of jealousy and for vagabonds and vagrants, that won't come so easy we've come from nothing nothing we have come from nothing nothing I traveled halfway across the country and back only to find love undefined and I'm OK with that cause I'm gonna be a guardian be a man among men be a guardian be a man among men or be a woman among women be a guardian be my friend ooh be my friend teach me to love you in a different way same cuts same guts same crazy same cuts same guts same crazy it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up it'll wash away, it will wash away lift ‘em up




No comments: