Music by The Refusers

Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Union Must Stand - A Poem by M.N. Hopkins



The Union must stand

Ancestors have sacrificed

So, Let Freedom Be

©  2018  M.N. Hopkins


Note: The union that is referred to in this poem is the United States of America.  Please don’t confuse it with the European Union which is a totalitarian entiety established without struggle or sacrifice outside of any democractic processes.   I have played with the arrangement of wording in this poem over a few weeks and finally came to a result that I was satisfied with.   I have published it for the first time on my blog this day, the 3rd of March 2018 in the style of poetry known as haiku.

2 comments:

wordwan said...

Stranger in a Strange Land. Is that from Robert Heinlein?

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

In a way, yes and another way no. I am a foreigner living in another Land. So, literally, I am a stranger in a Land that is very different from my normAL.


MIKE